Sunday, September 14, 2014

10 Things To Do Before I Die: Guest Post: Namitha Varma: Sub Editor The Hindu And A Writer


Recently I reviewed a very small (18 pages) poetry book from Namitha Varma titled My Heart is Your Brothel. You can read the review here. She read my post on Indiblogger in the current IndiSpire topic and got inspired to writer her own 10 wishes that she has posted on her blog. I am re-posting it here so that it gets a space in IndiSpire.





Above is the tweet from her. Below is her post:

10 Things To Do Before I Die


Glean a baby’s smile
steal a cat’s cuteness
gather the raindrops and make a necklace;
touch the whispers of the wind
feel the murmurs of the stream
drink a bowlful of moonlight
breathe in the sunlight and glow from within;
travel on the sound of the chugging train
sleep on the froth of a rising tide
walk a mile in my mother’s shoes.

If I can do these before I die,
why, death would then hardly count. 

2 comments: